Saturday, March 24, 2018




































March. Only one more week; I will be so very glad to welcome April. : ) This week was a hard one, with doctors appointments every day, including an unpleasant medical procedure. Plus, I did our taxes last weekend--a task that always leaves me feeling anxious. Every March I say, "Next year we're hiring an accountant." But when tax time rolls around, I can never bring myself to spend the money.

There is still a lot of snow on the ground from four nor'easters in as many weeks. The weather is one thing reticent New Englanders are willing to talk about--and it's truly never a dull topic!

On St. Joseph's day (last Monday) Seth brought home a box of zepolle from the bakery--such delicious pastries! I am reading The Tale of Hill Top Farm, a quiet, cozy mystery featuring Beatrix Potter, by Susan Wittig Albert. There is just something very special about stories set in an English country village. Nothing extraordinary needs to happen; village life is interesting on its own.

In the last month I have ordered thirteen different colors of wool to knit into birds. I am making a flock of spring migrants that are flying up from the tropics of my imagination. : ) I have no idea what I will do with them, where they will land. A completely useless project that is all joy!

The kittens are growing fast and are a constant delight. I love them deeply, deeply.♥ It is apparent from watching them (and from raising other pets, as well as human children) that gentleness is learned through relationships, whereas wildness is innate. It is tempting to think of these qualities as conflicting, but it strikes me that harmony between these two qualities is necessary to complete the essence of the creature.

Brief notes from a hectic week. : )

Love and roses,
Sue xo

12 comments:

  1. Yes, the weather is never dull here, either, in this funny meeting place of north and south. Three hours west, spring flowers are blooming and we are covered in snow here. I hope this last week of March is kind to you. April will be a doozy for me. I will be glad to see May. I guess we all will. You are so right about the English countryside. I run away there in my daydreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weather is never dull anywhere these days. So many storms! I keep trying to remember what it was like when I was a kid, and those were long, snowy winters, too. I will be happy for spring when it comes, that is for sure. And, I will hold you in my prayers, Brandy. ♥

      Delete
  2. oh, Elvis!! That face!!! *dies of swoon*

    and what a glorious tulip-y vision on your table....spring indoors, no matter what's happening outside the window!

    i'm sorry for your difficult week -- very relatable -- i haven't bitten the tax bullet just yet....after Easter, i tell myself :)

    Those boys are getting so big! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Mel! Grocery store tulip are keeping my belief in spring alive, although today is brilliantly sunny, one of those "summer in the sun, winter in the shade" March days that Charles Dickens wrote of.

      Hopefully, this week will be a better one for both of us.♥

      Delete
  3. Hugs and love, I hope so much next week is better <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. ♥ It will be better, if for no other reason than it is no longer last week.

      Delete
  4. hope all is well after the dr visits. I bet you could turn all of those birds into ornaments or make a bunting or just sprinkle them through out the house. What a fun knit project :) My cat is jumping around like crazy and Frodo would love to catch her. But we won't let him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen.♥ I love the idea of a bird bunting--I'll have to think about that. This week I'm knitting a baby cardigan and booties for an 'April shower' (pun intended!). Kitties are so sweet, but they are almost as much work as puppies. I guess all babies need to supervised 100% of the time when they are awake.

      Delete
  5. Sorry this is late, I’ve just found your blog via Karen at Pumpkin Sunrise. Your kittens are adorable, they look as if they’re about to launch an attack on your sweet little Pug, he/she looks as if he/she puts up with a lot from them, cats have a way of taking over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Polly, it was so nice of you to stop by my blog. Thank you for your kind comment. ♥

      Delete
  6. Hi, I came across your blog from Sarah’s.:-)
    Your pets are so very precious! Looks like your cat is an avid reader!
    Today I am welcoming the sunshine which has been hiding for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your warm comment.♥

      Delete