Thursday, December 22, 2016




Last weekend we had a beautiful snowy day. I had a lot of fun watching the birds and taking photos. Luke had a great time sledding with one of the neighbor children on the little slope across the street. 

Amy, Emmeline, and I have been busy baking our traditional cookie favorites. Amy took this platter to work this morning.  

This week there were peaceful days of snow, and birds, and long starlit nights. There were also hectic days of holiday preparations and work. I have cleared my calendar of appointments next week and am looking forward to a restful Christmas holiday filled with books and games, movies, treats, letter writing, and maybe some knitting and walks in the winter woods. I haven't had time to knit at all this season, and Seth has been asking for a new pair of slippers. I want to knit myself some new mittens for my birthday in January. I am hoping that after the holidays I will have a little more time to do those things and also post here more often.

From my house to yours, wishing you a bright and blessed Christmas!
 

12 comments:

  1. The same to you, Susan! (I am going to send you a card)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so lovely, as are the cookies! Thank you for sharing. Merriest of Christmases to you, too.

    Brandy
    impossibleway.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry, Merry Christmas to you, my friend! Hope you're having a Lovely, Blessed, and Joyful Day!! ❤❤������

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photos Sue. I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love birds... and deep blue winters behind my cozy window, quiet furry friends and the old sacred songs coming from old, silent cathedrals. I have enjoyed visiting you, and this lovely place you have created here. Happy new year!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love birds... and deep blue winters behind my cozy window, quiet furry friends and the old sacred songs coming from old, silent cathedrals. I have enjoyed visiting you, and this lovely place you have created here. Happy new year!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this post and seeing the beautiful scenes you captured - there is so much snow, I wonder that the overall effect is of love and warmth. Happy Eighth Day of Christmas, and the best new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend in Iowa who says that "to see a cardinal by your house means a loved one who has passed away has come to see you." I have never seen a cardinal. A great platter of cookies!! Adorable bunny! Wishing you a great year in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a friend in Iowa who says that "to see a cardinal by your house means a loved one who has passed away has come to see you." I have never seen a cardinal. A great platter of cookies!! Adorable bunny! Wishing you a great year in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks so beautiful and that plate of treats very scrummy! Thankyou for your sweet message on my blog, it's been so long since I've blogged but I hope to be back here properly now. Happy new year to you and your family!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house looks so beautiful and that plate of treats very scrummy! Thankyou for your sweet message on my blog, it's been so long since I've blogged but I hope to be back here properly now. Happy new year to you and your family!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete